I use Strobe Tuner 1.6 from Katsura Shareware. $15. (It's good on a Mac back to 10.3.9 --which is my Mac/Windows/Fronimo machine.) I more often use the Cleartune on an ipod touch since it's easier to hold w/ a lute in my hand and does pretty much all the same things. The Cleartune also has the ability to set a scale from any played note, too. (I.e., If someone gives you "This is what we're calling an A but I can't tell you the hertz.")

Sean

(shorter answer: ditto Andreas. I'm a slow typer.)