I should think Ortiz' variations on chansons and madrigals would be fair game. Dalla Cassa is a lot of fun if only because they're so difficult for the melody instrument. Giovanni Bassano, too, but since he comes from a family of traverso makers there are probably those who would take issue with me but they are lovely. And by extension most chansons from mid/late-16th century (giving the top voice to the soprano recorder and the lower 3 --or even alto and bass-- to the lute) are easily doable. It usually means arranging it yourself but that's part of playing the lute. My current favorite is Crecquillon but Sermisy, Certon, Jannequin, non Papa, Lasso, deRore and Pathie have all been flavors of the month at some time or another.

Any decent music/university library (and now the web!) will have scores. If you're in a purchasing mood, London Pro Musica scores are wonderful and often have a lute tab page for us grand-staff cripples. The Attagnant 1529 Tres breve et Familiere Introduction are songs of this ilk and are all ready to go. Even in the facsimile you luck out by having it set usually for a G lute and a G clef for the singer/ melody instrument. The Phalese 1553 is another good source for mid- century lutesongs but often various clefs and/or lute sizes are specified (but not written in stone so somebody gets to transpose).

My 1.9 cents. Please round down in Canada.
Sean