Great Dan!  :-)

I just recorded 51 seconds of a Prelude by just one stereomice of the Zoom Q3 HD watching me at the distance of about one meter:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl3rIG3U4UM&feature=youtu.be

Long live the mice... ;)

Arto

On 06/04/12 19:44, Daniel Winheld wrote:
(And, yes.  I say "mics", so why not
"micing"?).
"Micing" is normally means "using mice."  Naturally, the word is normally used
by micers.
  "But four mice are really ten times better than two, and you don't need
   more than six, and you can make a very, very good recording with two if
   you are willing"

dictionary.com has 'miking', but not 'micing'.
The former's root is the word 'mike'.  'micing'
looks like 'icing' with an 'm' in front anyway :)
"Ein Mikrofon oder Mikrophon ist ein Schallwandler"

  For Mahler's  Symphony #8, the use of a very large prototype was attempted,  "Der
Mookrophon", in English- Moocrophone, or "Moose". Utter failure, moosing large
ensembles was abandoned.