From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
William Samson
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 11:09 AM
To: Lute List
Subject: [LUTE] All about micing...redux

   When I were a lad (Oh no - Here we go again!) we used the contraction
   that was pronounced and spelt 'mike' for a microphone.  When did this
   'mic' oddity appear in the language?  I'm assuming it's still
   pronounced 'mike' but maybe it's 'mick'?  Perhaps we should be talking
   about 'micking'?

   OTOH maybe I'm just taking the mic . . .

   :]