I just bought some beech for making pegboxes from a local sawyer and I
   have to say I also love it. I bet it would perform like maple but I
   think it is nicer to work with. The only problem is availability. It
   isn't on the US lumber market anymore since it was pretty well logged
   out a century ago, but fortunately trees still exist and are
   occasionally logged by small operations. If it is available I would use
   it. No confession necessary!

   On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Yaron Naor <[1]ibi...@gmail.com>