I believe there is also a Calata in the Thibault Ms.

-- R

On Jun 1, 2012, at 6:28 AM, Monica Hall wrote:

That is useful, but are there any later example from the end of the 16th century?

MOnica

----- Original Message ----- From: "A. J. Ness" <arthurjn...@verizon.net>
To: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:32 PM
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Calatas

Marco dall'Aquila #24 ("D'una cosa spagnuola")/Francesco #45 (Ricercar) has the calata cantus firmus running though it. It's so early perhaps it's a basse danse. See

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepq31c/marcodallaquila/lapptr.html

The piece is probably by Marco, since even the Francesco version has the
Marco Motive.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>