   From: Edward Mast <nedma...@aol.com>
   To: Lutelist List <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Sunday, 24 June 2012, 17:11
   Subject: [LUTE] Tuning
   A question perhaps better posed on a bowed string forum, but I'm
   confident someone here can help me.  When tuning my cello with a Korg
   chromatic electronic tuner, what pitches am I tuning to?  Is it
   tempered tuning?  The reason I ask is that though I usually tune the A
   string from the tuner and then the strings below by ear to fifths,  if
   I tune each string from the tuner the results seem to be the same -
   still perfect fifths.
   Thanks.