On 17 July 2012 14:19, WALSH STUART <s.wa...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>    I wonder if Brian's writing could be called 'modern romantic' or
>    something similar.

I leave that to the musicologists, I just play the stuff ...

>     Did you choose a different image for each section?
>    (I found the images a bit surprising) What is the (Oriental Wisdom)
>    text?

My friend listened to the nine movements and made nine pictures that
for her go well with the music. We had a lot of discussions and
back-and-forths with many trials and errors. The texts she chose from
Zhuang Zi, a 4th cent BC philosophical book from the Period of 100
Thoughts in China. I think strictly speaking it is not Taoism yet, but
Zhuang Zi is considered one of the foundations of Taoism. But I'm a
bit out of my depth on this too, I just read the stuff ... (here's an
on-line edition I am reading at the moment:
http://www.coldbacon.com/chuang/chuang.html )

>    Youtube is an audio-visual medium and I think it is really interesting
>    to explore sound and images and text.

Indeed, and I must say I take inspiration from your lovely videos.

David

--
David van Ooijen