Dear Stuart and Valery,

Thanks for the notes. The Diversi Autori is a great book for dances both for
lute and source material for making 4-c adaptions as are the other Borrono
books. Maybe cittern, too, if I played more than 2 or 3 chords (ok, how many do
you need??). This one and a few others (the first "suite" + tochata) went into
an LSA Quarterly a few years ago. I have P Boquet's book you mention but prefer
to roll my own, so to speak. They get to evolve more.

I've been meaning to get to Stephen's site and will soon when I have a big free
evening to give it the attention it deserves. The van Eyck sounds like an
interesting stepping stone between the renaissance pieces and the Playford
source.

Someday I'd like to get a few pluckers/strummers, ren guitars and lutes in the
same room and see how much we can expand on the Borrono/Pacalono sound. Often
the middle lute of a Pac trio fits rather nicely on the guitar. I've edited up
most of the Castelfranco trios for the project. It's amazing after --seeing the
Pacaloni books-- how free of errors they are!

best wishes,
Sean

ps Luthval: that's a great Pescatore on your YT channel!
pps Btw, that wasn't technically a renaissance guitar since it had a doubled
top course ;^) but the cat should fit the definition.