On Jan 30, 2013, at 1:05 AM, Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>   I'm sorry you feel so defensive - but what is there to complain about
>   in what I wrote to you?

I'm just guessing here, but could it possibly be that you were the only one on
the list who didn't understand it was a joke?  But I'm on your side on this
one, Martyn, since Rob's original message used only a solitary, lonely  :-)
sign, which is a bit subtle, like only one rim shot, or one nudge in the ribs
accompanied by only one wink.  And how could Rob have expected you to notice
that everyone else who responded to it thought it was funny?