Sorry I sent this to Ed, when I meant to send it to the list.

   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: Satoh - de Visee
      Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 20:05:33 +0200
      From: Martin Shepherd [1]<mar...@luteshop.co.uk>
        To: Edward Martin [2]<e...@gamutstrings.com>
Well, if you're right Ed, I wonder why the strings are so white (whiter
than the octaves) - in my experience gut strings are generally browner
the thicker they are.

Dan, I meant the KF harp strings (i.e. the thicker sizes from .95mm
upwards) which are quite white and slightly textured, unlike the thinner
PVF strings which are clear (like nylon).  I have been using them for
5th and 6th course on renaissance lutes, and some of my customers have
been using them for lower strings as well.  I would expect them to work
well on 11c lute, since the thickest would only be about 1.7mm and
they're mostly used as open strings.