     From: Francesco Tribioli <tribi...@arcetri.astro.it>
     Subject: [LUTE] Re: In memoriam loaded gut
     To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
     Date: Tuesday, 28 May, 2013, 18:17

   As far as I know Mimmo has completely stopped the production of loaded
   gut
   strings and no one knows if he will ever start it again. My impression
   is
   that the answer is no. I asked him many times to make the four basses
   needed
   for my 11c and the answer has always been negative. At the end Martin
   managed to get 4 suitable old production loaded strings that I hope
   will
   last forever...
   He was working on a sort of loaded and more elastic nylgut which should
   sound like the loaded gut and be reliable enough to be mass produced.
   Actually those kind of strings (red color too) are already available
   for the
   ukulele but till now there is no production in the gauges needed for
   the
   lute.
   Francesco