Had the same problem recently, moving from .80 to .95 frets and in my
case the remedy consisted of two things:

First, I had to "reform" the fingerboard a little bit with a scraper so
as to get it a little bit curved (it was actually curved the wrong way
from the 4th fret up...). This might not be necessary in your case, just
check with a metal ruler.
Then  you need a VERY smooth round fingerboard edge - if the radious is
too smaall the fret is lifted up from the board: a bit more scraping and
finishing touch with some sanding did it for me. If your lute neck is
veneered (like mine) however, be careful when rounding the edge - you
can easily work through this thin layer...

In addition to all this, I wrapped the fret gut a couple of times around
a long needle nose plier, mostly the part for the knot and where the
edgdes would come: this makes the gut much more flexible, the knot is
easier to tie and the gut follows the edge much more smoothly.

Hope this helps!

Michael