Thanks for the adhesive advice.

On Oct 29, 2013, at 9:18 PM, Dan Winheld wrote:

  Ah yes, Bohning Feather Fletching Tape. The best thing for attaching
  feather fletches to arrow shafts since the discovery of silk or sinew
  thread. It's a super strong and durable double sided tape; I have
  recovered arrows that were lost in the grass for a year or more that
  still had the remains of their feathers still tightly attached.
  However, its use on wooden lute frets is very limited. I would use it
  only to experiment with tastini- to determine whether they are one's
cup of tea or not; or to fine tune placement- such as 1/4 comma or 1/6
  comma, for example.
  Double-sided tapes of any sort are not worth the trouble for body
frets; up on the soundboard especially the gel-like glue layer impedes sound transference,thereby degrading sound quality. The glue layer also
  gives the frets a slightly "wiggly" feel that is quite annoying.
  In the end, plain old white glue is the best for a solid, tight,
  permanent, but reversible bond for any wooden frets or tastini. I've
  been using state-of-the-art "Elmer's" for a few years; has never
failed, but it's still easy to pry or knock them off when necessary. In
  1/2 hour it has set enough to gently try out the frets.
  Dan