Meh, I listened again, and think I
have the wrong analysis as to why
the timing seemed a little off to
me in the beginning.

On 11/04/2013 09:03 AM, Tobiah wrote:
I couldn't find the OP to reply to.

I noticed that the timing is a little off in the
beginning.  After the dissonant chords in the
first measures, when the lead begins, you are
sliding into the downbeat, whereas Hendrix
puts the low note on the beat and then slides
through to the end of the first eighth note
arriving at the note that was slid to.

I notice that Arto is putting the low part
of the slide on the last eighth of the measure,
and sliding to the high note landing on the
beat.  It then seems as though the rest of the
measure is played correctly, resulting in the
loss of an eighth note in each measure, resulting
in a jarring effect that comes off as inaccurate
timing.

A worthwhile tongue in cheek endeavor.  Do you
do any Zepplin?

Tobiah