On Dec 14, 2013, at 3:44 AM, gary <magg...@sonic.net> wrote:

> Recently, a message was posted referring to Andres Segovia as a "bully". I
> think that's a little harsh, I know it's become popular to bash Segovia and
> that he had a huge ego, but I don't recall him actually bullying anyone into
> agreeing with his views.

There were stories about him rigging competitions in favor of his chosen
disciples and otherwise throwing his weight around, but it would be hard to
confirm things like that, because people (other than Michael Chapdelaine, I
suppose) don't like to admit to being bullied, and Segovia's cult of
personality was such that it wasn't in the interest of anyone in the classical
guitar community to criticize him openly.