   From: David van Ooijen <davidvanooi...@gmail.com>
   Cc: lutelist <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:41 AM
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Inspired Teaching and Learning. Was: Bream
   Collection
     Now wouldn't that be something? A magic formula for every
     teacher-student combination?
     To learn any instrument, you'll need to study an extended period of
     time with a teacher who's good at teaching you a solid technique. To
     become a good musician, you'll need to work with teachers who can
   help
     you to develop your own musicality into playing that will speak to an
     audience. It goes without saying that first and foremost you'll need
     bring your own dedication and motivation, as no teacher can do that
   for
     you.
     I think a regular lesson with your reacher should be quite different
     from an incidental lesson at a workshop or masterclass. Prepare these
     lessons differently.
     David