I have a Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe Tuner,
complete with power supply (plugs into wall),
instruction pamphlet, and quick-start pamphlet.

I do not anticipate using it, and I will
send it to a lutenist willing to reimburse
me for the shipping cost.

If interested, please send email to war...@gmail.com.

You can see the manual at
http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=83#

The tuner has a collection of temperaments (see page
17 and page 21 of the manual).

Despite the name, I doubt the VS-II is a real strobe.
For one thing, the bands in the display are locked
together in a fixed relative phase of 0 degrees.
If you want a good strobe, I would suggest:
    1. a Peterson mechanical wheel tuner, or
    2. the Sonic Research strobe tuners.