Dear Friends: I am pleased to announce the release of my second CD of lute
music, "Patrons of the Lute". Look around a typical LSA seminar and you see a
few professional players, but you see many more dedicated amateurs who love the
lute and can, at least occasionally, play a nice piece themselves despite
having a day job. This CD is dedicated to those amateurs with a day job of old;
the Doctors, Princes and Counts who supported the professionals but also played
and published their works. Includes works by Thomas Campion (medical doctor),
Prince Lobkowitz (Weiss dedicated one of his C Major sonatas to him), Count
Logy and Count Bergen. The CD begins with the Plainte by Weiss, which has a
hand written note on the MS complaining about non-payment!  I close the circle
of patronage by finishing with a new Passacaglia that I commissioned from Ronn
McFarlane.

I'm joined on the CD by lutenist Kenneth Bé (Logy duet) and soprano Nell
Snaidas (Campion songs).

Promotional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeM0DdDOGg0

CD booklet: http://www.dshoskes.com/Patrons.pdf

Buy or download on CD Baby: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/danielshoskes2