On Wed, 6/18/14, John Lenti <johnle...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 "So that's just four
 incidents in maybe 120 flights."

"Just" four incidents!? That's pathetic. Who would feel like getting on an
airplane at all if passengers faced the same odds of coming out the other end
unharmed? What kind of review would be written about a concert in which the
ensemble couldn't even make it through the same percentage of pieces?

Folks, we need to stop buying the airlines' schtick that delivering goods
intact is some kind of incredible courtesy. They are in the transportation
business and are PAID to transport people and goods safely and effectively.
Most stories, (like John's of instruments being dropped from great heights or
run over by trucks) tell of either gross incompetence, willful negligence or
outright malevolence on the part of handlers. That should happen basically 0%
of the time.

I think the only reasonable solution is to enact a new policy: whenever a
damage report is filed, the entire baggage crew responsible must get into
locked coffins, be loaded/unloaded on the next outgoing plane by their fellow
baggage teams and make the flight in the unpressurized cargo hold. If they
survive, damages will go way down in the future.

Chris

Dr. Christopher Wilke D.M.A.
Lutenist, Guitarist and Composer
www.christopherwilke.com