I have a spare mandolin I can sell you.  *wink, wink*

Eugene

-----Original Message-----
From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Edward C. Yong
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:04 AM
To: Lute List
Subject: [LUTE] Appropriateness of play list

Hi fellow lutenetters!

So I've been asked to do an Italian restaurant gig in July, two sets of thirty
minutes each.

Should I bother selecting Italian music appropriate for a specific time period
- e.g. dances from Negri and Caroso? Or should I just play through '58 Very
Easy Pieces for Renaissance Lute'?

Does anyone else get into these struggles for 'authenticity'? I doubt anyone
would even notice if I played an all-English repertoire of Greensleeves,
Packington's Pound, and Fortune my Foe on repeat, but I'd like to be a bit
better than that.

Edward Chrysogonus Yong
edward.y...@gmail.com