So I have the Hog 30, which is very clean with good bass, though nowhere
near as loud as a cranked 30 watt tube amp.  I have a Sennheiser 441
mic (which is kind of expensive these days) on a nice boom stand
which can be adjusted to be about 2.5 feet high,
with a cable and a low to high impedance line transformer (by Shure or Hosa).
I set the mic up on its stand in front of me and put the Pignose off to
the side.  My wife uses a Mini-Mouse which is a very nice amp, but
with its smaller speaker the bass isn't as good, and I think it is
not made anymore.

There is a picture with me playing the g**tar at

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/me/opening5.jpg

  Wayne

Begin forwarded message: