"others can't understand why anyone would spend so much money on 6c 7c
   and 10c lutes when they can just play everything on an 8c,"
   This pretty much sums up how I feel, if you can only own one lute, an
   8c makes sense to me. I do miss the low C from when I used to own a
   10c, only because lately I have been playing some French lute songs
   with a soprano and see that low note which I just play up an 8ve. But
   it isn't worth the hassle/expense of either buying a 10c or re-tuning
   the 8th on stage. Maybe if I splurge and get those geared pegs I might
   consider re-tuning on stage, but not before then!

   On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Joshua Burkholder