On 13/09/2014 10:02, Mathias Rösel wrote:

Dear everybody,

There are three chaconnes, actually written for the angélique, that I've
posted on Danny Shoskes’ Lute Ning page (thank you, Danny, for offering that
great location!).

I posted them in staff notation, due to two reasons. One is, the computer
programmes, viz. Fronimo as well as Django, lack proper characters for the
8th and 13th courses of the angélique. Second, nobody else seems to play the
instrument, probably, and I wanted to make the music available to the wider
public.

After all, it is good family music that can be performed with other
instruments, as well. Guitar is the obvious option, but recorders, flutes,
violins and anybody who reads treble clef may easily weigh in.

Yet before I continue to post any new bit of it, I'd like to know: Do
lutenists read, and even play from,  staff notation? And apart from
technical issues, is music for the angélique at all interesting to
lutenists?

Mathias

I don't have a Baroque lute. But I do read from staff notation and I would be interested to see what angelique music is like.

Stuart

---
is active.