I've played it a couple of times in concert. The first time was in a
   packed Concertgebouw Amsterdam. That time was a bit scary as all I was
   allowed to do was play that one aria, so no 'warming' up during the
   show. The other occasions were more relaxing. It's an easy and
   beautiful lute part. I've always played it on archlute but I think the
   most obvious choice would be d-minor lute indeed.
   David

   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl