Van: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Namens
Anna Wiktoria Swoboda
Verzonden: maandag 17 november 2014 23:25
Aan: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Onderwerp: [LUTE] Telemann "Partie Polonoise a Deux Luths" + Reusner

   Dear friends,
   continuing the thread about "Parties" for 2 lutes from The GrA 1/4ssau
   (KrzeszA^3w) manuscript collection, I would like to show you our
   recording of one of them.
   While working on it I've been thinking about the enigmatic names of
   some of the movements:
   Hanaque - here very characteristic, explicit folk inspired dance -
   means "Moravian";
   Sarrois (coming attaca after) must be, I guess, a dance popular in
   Sorau (AA>>ary) - the residence of prince Erdmann von Promnitz, whom G.
   Ph. Telemann served for 4 years;
   Le Ris, as Julian Bream explains during his concert with John Williams
   at Wardour Chapel (shared on Youtube) means "a laugh" - I hope you will
   like our interpretation :).
   [1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1f_bCBVodA
   I would also like to share with you the recording of a Suite consisting
   of Denis Gaultier (ca. 1602-1672) and Esaias Reusner (1636-1679)
   pieces. This idea came to my mind while working on Reusner's works and
   life - we know that he had a french lute teacher, but we didn't
   discover who that was (might be Dufault, as Crawford states). The
   resemblance of Gaultier's Sarabande in D to the chord progression of
   the famous Reusner's Passagalia in D, prompted me to set a suite like
   this. (Plus a small variation on "Girl With the Pearl Erring" by
   Vermeer, who was active exactly at the same time as our both composers
   :).
   [2]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NiUuGp7DAg&feature=youtu.be
   Best greetings from Poland!
   [cleardot.gif]