I can vouch for aA lute playing Ah Robin - it's none other than Jacob
   Heringman, who also appears brieflyA with theA ensemble in
   Boleyn'sA chamber.
   On Wednesday, 21 January 2015, WALSH STUART <[1]s.wa...@ntlworld.com>
   wrote:

     (first episode of much-hyped TV series in UK)
     I was expecting an immediate response...
     So anyway, here goes: music begins with Ah Robin (not sung - and
     probably played on a lute?)...melds into Glassy instrumental stuff.
     A tremolando mandoline churns out all the plucked expressive work,
     although lutes figure in the mise-en-scene from time to time.
     Mark Rylance is a very curious being.
     ---