I had the privilege of seeing George Van Eps play in duet with Tony Ricci while on his last California tour. I went to see him with my friend, Eddie Duran, who is also a master jazz guitarist. Van Eps was amazing. I felt sorry for Tony Ricci who is an amazing jazz guitarist in his own right. The audience was there to see Van Eps and when Tony would play, everybody was just waiting for George to play again. They took a break and Van Eps, who knew Eddie Duran, came over to our table. Eddie had been recording the concert on his walkman and, when George came to our table, Eddie shoved his mic in George's face and said, "Who do you listen to?" as a joke. George immediately went into his shtick saying with all seriousness, "I don't listen to guitarists, I listen to piano players..." He was fond of referring to the guitar as a "lap piano". I've been on the first ten pages of "Harmonic Mechanisms, Vol. I" for the last twenty years. There are some great videos of George playing on youtube.

Gary

On 2015-03-14 15:06, Rob MacKillop wrote:
There's a link on my website, Dan:

http://robmackillop.net/george-van-eps-method-for-guitar/

Rob

www.robmackillop.net

On 14 Mar 2015, at 21:30, Dan Winheld <dwinh...@lmi.net> wrote:

Alright, alright- I'm not sayin' nuthin- but I never knew G. van Eps had a method; is it easily found/avialable via the google? He's a hero of mine because of the 7 string business. Love my 7 string steel-string, and am annoyed that my classical is only 6.

DAN