On 04/06/2015 10:15, David van Ooijen wrote:

   I add a bass of sorts (simple, drone like, non-harmonic yet supportive
   if this makes sense) and improvise continuo: no thirds (or few thirds),
   imitations of phrase-endings (often overlapping), instrumental
   intreludes based upon the vocal line, but freely
   embellished/changed/improvised. I like to take Andrew Lawrence King and
   friend's accompaniments of the repertoire as an example. Listen for
   example to the CD Proensa with Paul Hillier. I don't know if it's
   authentic, but I do know it's convincing.
   David

   Very interesting David!
   Stuart

   David van Ooijen