Who makes a decent, reasonably priced "octave" lute in d" these days?

I have a 40cm 6c from M.Haycock of his own design from '92. The body is deeper
than the Venere model (half-circle body and neck) and the pegbox is at a
90-degree angle. It's on my pic on the Lute.ning page and I'm quite happy with
it.

A duet/trio buddy has a L.Brown 44cm so we've been able to compare the two
easily. That, too, is a fine instrument and I hear he built quite a few so you
may be able to find one secondhand.

The 44cm lute is very nice and useful at c' and with lutes in F and G make a
relaxed Pacalono trio. To my ear it sounds a bit shrill at d' but is doable
with synthetics. I keep the "40" at d' (A=415) where it's pretty comfortable. I
can take it up or down a semitone easily enough.

Sean