   From: Sean Smith <lutesm...@mac.com>
   To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   Sent: Thursday, 23 July 2015, 4:26
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: Lute Strap
   Charles
   I keep an eye out at Goodwills and other used clothing stores for a
   useful belt. Years ago I found the perfect Marks & Spencer for a couple
   of bucks and modified it for the lute strap. You certainly don't want
   any metal bits bobbling around in the case. I use two dark laces coming
   off the shoulder to the pegbox that keep the lute in exactly the
   position I want it. No rotating and the strings and right hand are
   always where I want them. Position is one thing but consistancy has its
   place, too. This really helped me move forward a few years ago in
   technique and - bonus - I can stand comfortably and play, too. If I
   hadn't listened to too much prog in the 70s I could probably even
   dance.
   I could send you pics if you'd like.
   Sean