Dear Allan, dear list,

Minkoff reprints have been made available again a few years ago after their
remaining stock (including the facsimile of the Thesaurus Harmonicus by Besard)
was discovered in Basel. These news seem not to have made it around to
everyone, so a few words may be ok here.

For a certain time, Andreas Schlegel stored and offered the facsimiles, and you
can still find lists and details on his hompage:
http://www.andreas-schlegel.ch/en/ - click on „Minkoff“.
The English version has not been updated yet, but if you consult the German
one, you find adresses of people who have taken over parts of the remaining
Minkoff stock, when Andreas had to clear the storage room in Basel where he
kept all these books. Among these people is the lute builder Wolfgang Früh in
Paris, see: http://lepointdaccroche.com/

His price for Besard's Thesaurus Harmonicus is EUR 61,80 (plus package and
sending, I suspect. Are you on this list, Wolfgang? If yes, please correct me
if I was wrong in this point). I have a copy of the book – it is the 1993
edition with supplementary indexes, and it is as if coming fresh from the
press. Given that Minkoff originally asked more than double of the current
price, this is a bargain, especially if one is aware that the Thesaurus
Harmonicus is a rather hefty volume of more than 300 pages in large upright
format.

So this may possibly help you, Allan, in deciding what you want to ask for your
copy of the earlier MInkoff facsimile of the Thesaurus Harmonicus.

Well, and now to shameless advertizing: I am on the list of people who store
and sell Minkoff facsimilest, too, and there are a number of lute sources plus
one cither and several guitar facsimiles which I have here:

Renaissance Lute (old tuning):
ABONDANTE, Giulio: Intabolatura di lauto. Libro primo, secondo et quinto
(Venice 1546, 1548, & 1587), € 22,10
BALLARD, Pierre (ed.): Airs de différents autheurs mis en tablature de luth,
VII, Paris 1617. € 17,70
BALLARD, Pierre (ed.): Airs de différents autheurs mis en tablature de luth,
VIII, Paris 1618. € 17,70
BALLARD, Pierre (ed.): Airs de différents autheurs mis en tablature de luth,
XIV-XV, Paris 1632. € 17,70
BESARD, Jean-Baptiste: Novus partus & Isagoge in artem testudinariam, Augsburg
1617. € 35,30
BOSSINENSIS, Franciscus: Tenori e contrabassi intabulati col sopran in canto
figurato per cantar e sonar col lauto. Libro primo. Venice 1509. € 26,50
GALILEI, Michelagnolo: Il primo libro d’intabolatura di liuto, Munich 1620.
Introduction by C. Chauvel. € 35,30
KARGEL, Sixt: Novae, elegantissimae (…) cantilenae (…) in Tabulaturam / Newe,
schöne, und liebliche Tabulatur auff der Lauten, Straßburg 1574. € 17,70

Baroque Lute / Angélique:
MANUSCRIT BÉTHUNE. Tablature d’angélique (Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris, Rés.
169ca. 1681). Introduction by François Lesure. Index. € 43,90
STRAUBE, Rudolf: Due sonate a liuto solo, Leipzig 1746. € 13,30

Cither:
KARGEL, Sixt & LAIS, Johan Dominico: Nova eaque artificiosa et valde commoda
ratio ludendae cytharae, Straßburg 1575. € 17,70

Guitar:
CARCASSI, Matteo: Méthode complète pour la guitarre divisée en trois parties,
Paris [1836]. € 26,50
L’HOYER, Antoine de: Œuvres pour la guitare (ca. 1823-1825). Preface by
François Lesure. € 26,50
MÉDARD, Remy: Pièces de guitarre, Paris 1676. € 13,30
PAIXAO RIBEIRO, Manoel da: Nova arte de viola que ensina a tocalla com
fundamento sem mestre, dividida em duas partes, huma especulativa, e outra
practica. Com estampas das posturas, ou pontos naturaes, e acidentaes; e com
alguns minuettes, e modinhas por musica, e por cifra, Coimbra 1789. € 22,10
PELLEGRINI, Domenico: Armoniosi concerti sopra la chitarra spagnuola, Bologna
1650. € 22,10

Charges for sending depend on where I have to send books to, and how many are
ordered.

Best wishes,

Joachim

-----Original-Nachricht-----