Betreff: [LUTE] Re: A Lute of Six Courses
Datum: 2015-12-30T00:04:48+0100
Von: "Arto Wikla" <wi...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
An: "Robert Purrenhage" <pastimesmu...@yahoo.com>, "sterling price"
<spiffys84...@yahoo.com>, "Lutelist Net" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>

To a 6 courser I would definitely suggest octave on the 4th, 5th and
6th. There really are some good reasons here and there in F. da Milano
(don't ask where... ;-) ), and the idea of vihuela having unisons is
unbiased, probably just invented by 20th century guitarists. Those poor
guys having just singles... ;-)

And 6 courser just sounds much better with those 3 octaves!  :-)

Best,

Arto

On 30/12/15 00:50, Robert Purrenhage wrote:>     My preference is for unisons
throughout, especially 4th course,>     especially if playing with a plectrum
(only happened once).>     May you enjoy your new lute in the new year!>
Bob Purrenhage>