Yes, 1999 No. 3 existed. I have my personal copy that I got in the mail back then. It has a nice woodcut of 3 musicians (lute, harp and sackbut) showing the harp player using the lute case as a foot stool on the cover. You are correct about the problem with the title on 2001 No. 3. You are also correct about the double issue for Winter 2002. The 2002 No. 1 was the first one I did the layout on when I came back to work for the LSA. Sorry about the mistake on that cover. The double issues were an attempt to get back on schedule - and they also keep some of our rotating editors, with more material than will fit into a single issue, happy. They do give us problems with libraries and musicians who keep all their old issues through.

If you are missing issues the LSA's back issue person is

Anne Burns
l...@reasonablefax.com

Those of you with current LSA memberships will be able to see all of these old Quarterlies on our website as soon as we get everything sorted out - the website is new. If you want a paper copy ot digital versions of those missing Quarterlies contact Anne.

Nancy

Dear lute netters,

according to the LSA web site the

    LSA Quarterly 1999, Fall (vol. 34 no. 3)

is "Not Yet Available"

Since I don't have a paper copy either I wonder if it ever existed.

Does anybody know?

Rainer adS

PS Same for

LSA Quarterly 2001 - Volume 36, Fall (vol. 36 no. 3) "Not Yet Available"

I think this WAS published with the wrong title

    Volume XXXVI, No32, August 2002

Volume 36 was published in 2001 and this Quarterly contains announcements for November 2001 and February 2002.

AND there is a Quarterly 2002/3&4

I remember well that the situation was chaotic in those years...

PPS

Under 2002 (on the website) we have as

    Fall (vol. 37 no. 3)

the number 32 mentioned above.

I think this one is the missing one under 2001.

The "Winter (vol. 37 no 4) Not Yet Available"

was probably published with the confusing title page

    Volume XXXVII, No. 3 & 4"
    August & November, 2002
    (published June, 2003)

Under 2003 we have "Spring (vol. 38 no. 1) Not Yet Available"

I think this one was published as well with the nonsense title

    Volume XXXVIII, No. 1
    August & November, 2002
    (published October, 2003)

Then "Spring (vol. 38 no. 1) Not Yet Available"

is available as

    Volume XXXVIII, No. 2 & 3
    May & August, 2003
    (published December, 2003)

I don't have

    Winter (vol. 38 no 4) + Spring (vol. 39 no. 1) (a single issue)

Was it shipped?

Looks like from here onward things are OK again.

Could somebody please check?

Nancy Carlin
Administrator THE LUTE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
http://LuteSocietyofAmerica.org

PO Box 6499
Concord, CA 94524
USA