Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:28 AM
To: Dan Winheld
Cc: Arto Wikla ; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Re: basses in octaves

  Hello all
  So I tested the strings individually ,making sure first that the frets
  were adjusted for one string properly... and conclusion is that the
  loaded CD nylgut goes flat as you go up the scale on the neck...by the
  time I get to the 7th fret I no longer have a perfect fifth.   My gut
  string stays in tune all the way up, and so does the regular nylgut.
  I have a feeling part of the problem is the elasticity of the loaded
  nylgut.   Mimmo has to investigate this .
  Bruno