> On Nov 10, 2017, at 10:50 AM, G. C. <kalei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   According to Dan Brown in his newest book, "Origins", Beethoven was the
>   inventor of "bone conduction technology", who upon going deaf,
>   discovered that he could fix a metal rod to his piano, and bite down on
>   it as he played, enabling him to hear perfectly, through vibrations in
>   his jaw bone.

Take this with a grain of salt, especially when you see things like this one on
the Time Magazine website:

Interest in Beethoven’s hearing loss has long captivated his fans,
many of whom are fascinated by the tragic circumstances of a deaf
composer and the ways Beethoven managed to keep working even
after he completely lost his hearing by the time he was 45. As TIME
once described it, “by clenching a stick in his teeth, holding it against
the keyboard of his piano, he could discern faint sounds.”

I’ve never seen any reference to any evidence for anything like this.  Has
anyone else?