Would it be an acceptable solution, for the 7th course, to make an exception
and use an octave string whose density is less than that of gut? A nylon octave
would have a thickness of .4mm or more. In the grand scheme of things would it
sound out of place in comparison to the remaining diapasons with their gut
octaves?

Miles