Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von Rainer
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. Januar 2018 16:43
An: Lute net
Betreff: [LUTE] Vallet's quartets

Dear lute netters,

my Vallet editions has reached milestone 1. All pieces entered and proofread
numerous times.

70% of the critical notes entered (a nightmare).

I wonder if it makes sense to add the quartets. As far as I know there was an
edition published by Tree(?).

Anyway, I have played Vallet quartets only once in my life in Mark Wheelers
flat in Muelheim 20 years ago.

The players were Mark (who seems to have disappeared), Stefan from Wuppertal,
Kenneth Bee (still on the lute list?) and myselfe.

Now I have listened to one of the quartets in Fronimo.

It sounds VERY strange - lots of wrong notes.

In his article about the quartets Stan Buetens argued that they sound OK when
played on lutes.

What do people say who have played the quartets?

Should I include them in my edition?

Rainer

PS

Playing music for 4 lutes was really fun :)