I recall a conversation with Pat O'Brien about dC many years ago, and he said there was a lot of plagiarism in his works.
RT

On 2/20/2018 3:45 AM, Martin Shepherd wrote:
Hi Leonard,

They could be derived from a common model, such as a recercar by Giulio Segni (da Modena).  A more explicit case of this is Ness 88, which is very close to no.16 in DaCrema's 1548 book, where it is attributed to Julio da Modena.  It appears in Ness as Appendix 15.  Julio Segni (1498-1561) was a highly regarded organist who worked at St Mark's in Venice from 1530-1533, and subsequently worked in Rome.  Very little of his music survives, but his works had a considerable influence on many lutenists.

Ness 84 also has some passages in common with Ness 51 and Ness 73 as well - some ideas seem to be common currency.

Best wishes,

Martin