Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von Arthur Ness
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 23:44
An: stephan.olbe...@web.de; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu; arthurjn...@verizon.net;
rha...@legalaidbuffalo.org
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Johann Kropfgans

   Hi Stephen,

   You got it ! ! !

   12 Trios lute, violin âcello in B-Br Ms II 4088.  Also the Pichler
   piece in Ms II 4087 (viii) according to Tim Crawford.

   Meyer, Christian. "Les Manuscrits De Luth Du Fonds Fétis (Bruxelles,
   Bibliothèque Royale Albert Ier, Mss II 4086-4089)." Revue Belge De
   Musicologie / Belgisch Tijdschrift Voor Muziekwetenschap, vol. 50,
   1996, pp. 197â216. JSTOR, JSTOR, [1]www.jstor.org/stable/3687046.

   Also listed with complete titles in Boetticher's RISM VII inventory,
   pp. 62-4. These were from the Fétis collection and may have been
   acquired from the Breitkopf auction of 1832 (can't find my notes). The
   catalogue is extremely rare, but is about 1 ½ inches thick.***
   Breitkopf decided to empty their warehouse of outmoded music.  What a
   treasure!!  Unique copies of some of the Bach lute pieces were among
   the offering.

   Stephan Olbertz, "An Unknown Lute Piece in a Keyboard Manuscript with
   Works by Wilhelm Friedemann Bach," JLSA 44 (2012): 1-22.

   ***Copy in the University Library, Amsterdam (NO Longer in the
   Amsterdam public library).
   Enjoy, Roland!

    Arthur Ness

   arthurjn...@verizon.net