Dear Tristan,

in all respect I strongly believe you're a victim of the described illusory
truth effect. History tells us that the first Europeans to be in direct contact
with the Indian subcontinent were the Portuguese starting a trading post in
Calcutta in 1505 for spices (clove to start with). The British followed in
1605. I simply and categorically refuse to spend time on thinking of an Indian
influence in a 1540 fantasia by Milano, regardless of how many times you repeat
that 'it's obvious, one just would need to listen carefully enough.'
I do not belittle or question the honesty of your research, I just refuse to
believe the impossible.

Please let us not continue exchanging arguments, there was a period of that a
few months ago and it didn't lead anywhere.

Best regards and respectfully
Jurgen

“There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.”

Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rumi