Right Rainer! Could generosi also mean "generous"? A generous
   rosicrucian? (Of an outstanding Dowland Fantasia?)
   I have two related questions:
   In New Grove's entry on Rosseter:
   "In a lawsuit concerning Dowland's Second Booke of Songs in 1601 he
   gave his age as 33."   Anyone knows about this lawsuit? Was it
   concerning Barley's publication?
   In Mylius "Grammatica" translates as chromatic. There is another
   Grammatica in there by Montbuisson. Haven't played it - but I gather it
   is therefore another chromatic piece I can add to my list?
   G.
   On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 2:12 PM Rainer <[1]rads.bera_g...@t-online.de>
   wrote:

     On 27.10.2018 12:18, G. C. wrote:
     >      ... I'd very
     >      much like to know the arguments for ascribing the said
     chromatic
     >      fantasia to Rosseter as well as include it in my list of
     chromatic
     >      pieces in the previous post on the subject. I'm sure the lute
     society
     >      edition (which I unfortunately don't have) contains more
     info.
     In Mylius the piece appears as
     "Grammatica Rosideri Angli generosi"
     According to the LS edition this translates as
     "Chromatic piece by the English Gentleman Rosseter"
     This is somewhat far-fetched. Why should Rosiderus be Rosseter?
     There might be a connection to the Rosicrucian movement - which is
     somewhat far-fetched, too :)
     Rainer