there have been a number of very controversial discussions about these lutes
made in China on the British lute Society's Facebook page. I rented one for 2
months recently but I refrain from reporting my opinion here publicly because I
only had one single instrument and I assume that others maybe different.
If you're in Paris you should try it out by yourself. I suggest you don't trust
too much in YouTube videos because - being a sound engineer - I know what you
can do in the computer to enhance / completely change any given sound.

Good luck
Jurgen

“There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen.”

Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rumi