Alain,

Standardization of both grammar and spelling were going on in that period, and
Ben Jonson was paramount in that movement with respect to his book English
Grammar. So you will see for a time different spellings (son vs sun). But the
pronunciations would be similar.

As for the alphabet being deficient for sounds, this is one reason linguists
(i.e. Crystal et. al.) turn to the International Phonetics Alphabet. If you
look at Crystal's web site, http://originalpronunciation.com, you will find
examples of Shakespeare written out in IPA.

I will also remind everyone that Prof. Crystal is a most gracious man and very
happy to chat in email about this subject. He is also amenable to making flat
recordings (flat meaning no vocal intonation to denote interpretation of how a
line should be acted or sung, but only the pronunciation of the words in mostly
monotone) of any text you might want translated to OP. I have worked in plays
where he recorded the entire play for the benefit of the actors.

Regards,
Craig