My notes say 10 courses as 10 x 2 and I have a note for Larry Brown:

"Larry Brown From the museum's description: The soundboard of this lute probably comes from another instrument of the same era and was then applied to this shell in the XVII or XVIII century, when the lute was changed into an instrument of ten courses. The soundboard decorations probably date back to this time as well: the gilding of the rosette and the execution of three winged animals in pure gold."

I've added a photo of the back of the soundboard which shows a bit more of the pegbox extension. I have no idea whether this ever was connected to the instrument. The barring looks very standard renaissance rather than mandora.

David