Dear David,
         thank you!!
   The two pictures are finally big enough to be understandable.
   I was also curious about the original string lengths, if you happen to
   know them.
   By the way, if all chitarroni I see in museums had 6 single or double
   courses (I think I remember one with seven fretted courses at the Cité
   del la Musique in Paris, but I'm not sure thou), WHY ON EARTH do I see
   almost all chitarroni with 8x1 fretted strings??
   All the best,
   Luca (who really doesn't want to start ANY flame on this subject...)
   ---- Attivato sab, 17 ago 2019 20:21:21 +0200 David Van Edwards
   <da...@vanedwards.co.uk> ha scritto ----

   Dear Luca,
   I forgot to add: is there any other info you'd like? I have a few
   more photos. It is indeed on display in Rome at the Museo Nazionale
   degli Strumenti Musicali, and the catalogue number is 976. Luisa
   Cervelli: La Galleria Armonica, Catalogo del Museo degli strumenti
   musicali di Roma, Roma 1994, pp. 297-299 from where I got my photos.
   Best wishes,
   David