Hello everybody,

some weeks ago a friend sent me an article by Jean Duron, "L'orchestre de Marc-Antoine Charpentier", published in "Revue de musicologie" 72/1, Paris 1986. There the author writes on p. 40-41: "Le théorbe n’est jamais mentionné dans les sources chez Charpentier et très rarement chez ses contemporains. [..] La présence à l’Opéra est prouvée par quelques notes manuscrites ajoutées — tablature — sur la partie de basse-continue de Proserpine de Lully." The corresponding footnote says: 20. "Voir une partition Ballard conservée à Paris, Bibliothèque nationale : Vm251." I just today had a conversation via e-mail with a guy from the BNF, and he even sent me two pictures of the corresponding Proserpine-Edition (shelfmark Vm2 51), but the annotations in the Proserpine copy Duron mentions has only usual note annotations, nothing in tablature.

I'm wondering if Duron made a mistake? Maybe somebody here knows more about the Lully-prints in the BNF and did see some theorbo intabulations in the works of Lully?

Thank you very much - if these intabulations really exist it would be great news for us!
Yuval