Theoj89294,
   Jacob Arcadelt is wonderful composer to try your hand at transcribing
   vocal works if you don't see them elsewhere. The thinner textured
   French pieces are easier to work with and were even considered
   acceptable on the 4-course guitar. With one of the 4-c intabs of this
   piece and the vocal original you fill it out more thoroughly on the
   lute since there were inevitably some corners cut. Let Adrian, Albert
   and Melchior do the harder 4-part material of Crequillon, Sandrin and
   Rogier but there's a lot to learn from Arcadelt precisely because it's
   easier to work with.
   If it gets too easy why not try filling it out with passaggi, writing a
   second part, or even singing the vocal line? (some other things
   musicians did beside play a composer's notes on the page). The 5th of
   the Adrian LeRoy 4-course guitar books has a lot of Arcadelt set for
   voice and guitar but they are easily transcribed for lute. See also
   Arcadelt's O felici occhi miei in Ortiz 1553 for ideas on decorating a
   Cantus or adding a new line altogether.
   Personally, I find his French pieces a relief after his more difficult
   Italian vocal works. His Italian madrigals can be a handful (See
   Vindella's 1546 work dedicated to JA) but he had a solid lute following
   in any event and pieces like Cosi mi guida were very popular. All I'm
   trying to say is that Arcadelt is a good vocal composer to work with
   for 16th century lutenists, then and now.
   my 2c, Sean

   On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 6:54 AM Rainer <[1]rads.bera_g...@t-online.de>