Dear Martyn (and others),

thanks a lot for your interest. I'm still busy with the website itself and I haven't opened a dedicated e-mail yet. But that's possible. I'll let you know about when it's done. Until then, if you would like to contribute, you can use my email seicentomu...@arcor.de. That's the one I have a look on at least once a day.

I'm in contact with Dieter Kirsch who is going to contribute some of his articles. I will ask Pietro Posser as well if he agrees in the publication of his articles (already translated into english!) on the gallichon website. I will concentrate mainly on two instruments: the "short" mandora in D or E (70-75cm string lenght) ande the gallichon in A with its longer string lenght. There will be place for other instruments of the same family like the italian Colascione and Mandola too, but i'm not very familiar with them. So if there is someone out there who already knows a lot about, don't hesitat to contact me.

I once tried one of the duets Mandora and Clavicembalo by Signor Kneferle. I played it together with Hammerflügel, which makes a wonderful sound and works quite well with the mandora. Unfortunately I couldn't go any further because the Hammerflügel-player was a bit ignorant, and music written by other people than C.Ph.E Bach or Haydn or Beethoven was not really worth it to be played by him. A shame! I had to transpose the harpsichord part, so that at least we could  play in the same key.

While writing this I have the idea of making mp3-files of the harpsichord parts (already transposed to a key which fits well with the mandora), and put them in the download area of the website, of course together with the mandora part. Same might be possible for other duets.

I have already tried some of the Zinck-songs as well, and some of them seem to be really good. The problem with this songs is, that most of the handwritten words are completely unreadable to me, and to judge about a song without its words is nonsense. But a "translation" of these songs into readable german is already at work - and will be available on the website, as soon as it is finished.

Rainer

By the way: there is a second webadress now www.mandora.org. From there you will be redirected on to www.gallichon.de

--
SEICENTO-Notenversand