I'll give it a try. Something like...

   "The individual signs and numbers (of a chord) should be plucked with
   one finger each as long as it doesn't exceed the number of fingers of
   the right hand. When it has more than four courses that exceed the
   number of fingers, play them all with a strum of the thumb
   (Daumenschlag)."

   Chris

   On Monday, August 31, 2020, 9:08 AM, Rainer